Thursday, November 19, 2009

Babybird... booo!!!


Babybird, originally uploaded by Ben Yacobi.

So I was at his gig in Hoxton taking photos. The reason - Babybird's his PR has been touting it around that Johnny Depp was playing guitar at the gig with the band (he's on their new album apparently) so my photo agency asked me to go and arranged for me to get a photopass.

Still there were only four photographers. About three songs in he says "a lot of photographers in here tonight. Wonder why that is?" A few laughs. Then he turns to me and asks me where I'm from. I say I'm with an agency. He accuses me of being a paparazzi (which is an insult in my book) and then turns to the crowd and says "he's a wanker".

Now I'm there because I love music and I love photography. I don't expect to be insulted in front of a room full of people with no right of reply. Franky, it's unprofessional and just rude. I could've pulled him off the stage right there and then. I wasn't blocking anyone's view, I wasn't blinding him by using a flash, I got there an hour in advance because I knew ther'd be no photopit and didn't want to push my way to the front, I was just doing my job.

I've always thought a good definition of wanker was a person who would call someone they know nothing about a wanker.

My Depp never did turn up... Babybird waited till the final song of his encore to reveal that nugget. :-(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

You have tested it and writing form your personal experience or you find some information online?

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

Hey there, You've performed [url=http://www.top-uggsboosuk.co.uk]ugg boots uk sale[/url] a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and for my part recommend to my friends. [url=http://www.top-uggsboosuk.co.uk]ugg boots uk sale[/url] , I am sure they will be benefited from this web site.

Anonymous said...

A lot of thanks for your

own efforts on this web page. My mother take interest in doing

investigations and it is simple to grasp why.[url=http://www.saclongchamppliagefr.org]sac longchamp pliage[/url]

sac longchamp , Most of us learn all about the lively means you

produce reliable solutions by means of this

web site and

therefore strongly encourage response from

some other people about this



situation and our

favorite daughter sac longchamp pliage is sac longchamp pliage pas cher being

taught a great deal. Take advantage

of the rest of the year.

You are doing a very good job.

Anonymous said...

Why visitors still make use of to read news papers when in this technological
globe everything is existing on net?

my web blog: diets that work

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp consolidation loan
consolidation loans