Thursday, April 03, 2003

In the spirit of news gathering, check out this site. An extremely useful site which gives access to a huge range of television transmissions from around the world. From this site you can access live pictures of Baghdad as well as Arab and Western news reports. It even has the indespensible Teletext service. Aaaahh!

A London Economist called Paul de Rooij has written a widely published article about Western propoganda. In regard to the piece he says "I can only watch 10 minutes of CNN or 15 mins of BBC, but then I notice that the experience has been detrimental to my mental health. I become fidgety and I talk back to the TV... I needed an antidote! And my solution was to write an article analyzing the current propaganda, and I hope it also will help you keep your sanity!!". Two exclamation marks? I ask you... Anyway, it's worth a read and our Mr de Rooij makes some fine observations and compiles a good legacy of examples for all to enjoy.

Who would make a better president? Bush or a box of Tic-Tacs? An objective analysis.

No comments: